Hands to the Plow works with leaders in local churches. We produce teaching materials designed to help church leaders know God’s word and to teach his word to others. When possible, we provide on-site training for church leaders—especially leaders in places where theological training is difficult to access.
Statement of Faith
All the materials produced and distributed by Hands to the Plow Ministries are based on the following beliefs:
- We believe in one God, eternally manifested in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and is absolutely without error in its original manuscripts. We accept the Bible as our final authority on all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, was resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
- We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true man.
- We believe Adam’s sin brought sin and spiritual death to all man.
- We believe Jesus Christ was manifested to destroy the works of the devil, shedding his blood as the perfect sacrifice to restore man back to God.
- We believe the only way to receive the gift of eternal life is to confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead.
- We believe we are called to live a life of holiness, exhibiting purity in our thoughts and in our actions.
- We believe we are called to minister the life of Jesus to all nations by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the believer, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the soon coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our mission is to carefully teach God’s truths to church leaders in easily understandable ways.
Many different people are involved in writing, illustrating, translating, and producing these materials. All of our team members affirm the importance of the local church and are themselves part of a local church. We work with many denominations. Our team is not affiliated with one Christian denomination. All of the people working with Hands to the Plow joyfully affirm our statement of faith.
Tom Kelby (MATS, University of Northwestern St. Paul) is President of Hands to the Plow Ministries and President of Table Fellowship, Inc. Tom and his wife Sarah live in Northwest Wisconsin’s beautiful lake country. They have three children (one still at home) and two grandchildren. Tom pastored Cornerstone Christian Church in Spooner, WI, the church he still attends. He now works with churches in the US, South, and Southeast Asia. Prior to pastoring, Tom worked as a copywriter in advertising. This is where he first met Mark Yaeger (DKY Advertising)—the illustrator and art director behind so many of HTTP’s materials. Tom is currently pursuing a PhD in Biblical Theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, MO.
Please explore, use, and print the materials found here. We also invite you to explore getting involved in other ways, whether this involves requesting training for your area, hosting a teaching seminar, translating materials, or giving.
Explore Our Resources
The church of Jesus Christ is scattered across the earth and speaks many languages. The materials on this website are available free of charge. Please download them and use them for the help of the church.
Host A Team
Would the pastors and leaders in your area benefit from in-depth Biblical training? You can help. The church of Jesus Christ is scattered across the earth and speaks many languages.
Your gifts allow us to write, produce, translate, and print materials. They also allow us to host teaching seminars for leaders in different parts of the world.
Join Our Mailing List
We regularly send out information on new resources available to help the church. This includes information on new translations that are available. We also send updates on how materials are being used.